Do you ever wonder what to do with ribbon yarn? In this episode we’ll cover great tips and techniques for how to knit with ribbon.
Our Book review today is Ribbon Knits by Judi Alweil
What’s on the set:
- Confessions of a Knitting Heretic by Annie Modesitt
- Yarns – Estelle Dazzle railroad ribbon, Cherry Tree Hill Cashcott multi-railroad, Crystal Palace Deco, Cherry Tree Hill Pisa tape ribbon, Idena Sorbe, and Online Linie 118 Vision.
- Personal Story – Drop stitch ribbon knit jacket made with Katia Chic ribbon yarn. Knitted sleeve to sleeve of my own design. Completed Spring 2004.
- Swatches – Cherry Tree Hill Cashcott in Spanish Moss, Schachenmayr Nomotta Scaletta, and Katia Chic Ribbon.
What am I wearing:
- Sweater made with cotton Schachenmayr Nomotta Scaletta from Inspiration 75. The pattern is actually designed for long sleeve, however, I made it with short sleeves. Completed Spring 2006.
What are your ribbon knitting experiences? Tell us about them! Leave a comment here on the site!